The purpose of Louisiana State University Eunice is to serve the needs of its constituency in keeping with the mission of the overall Louisiana State University. Specifically, LSU Eunice seeks to provide programs and services normally associated with a comprehensive two-year college. Accordingly, the role, scope, and mission statement for LSU Eunice, as promulgated in the "LSU at Eunice Strategic Plan: Blueprint for the Future" and approved by the LSU Board of Supervisors is as follows:
Louisiana State University Eunice, a campus of Louisiana State University, is a comprehensive, open admissions institution of higher education. LSUE is dedicated to high quality, low-cost education and is committed to academic excellence and the dignity and worth of the individual. To this end, Louisiana State University Eunice offers associate degrees, technical diplomas, certificates, and continuing education programs as well as transfer curricula. Its curricula span the liberal arts, sciences, business and technology, pre-professional, and professional areas for the benefit of a diverse population. All who can benefit from its resources deserve the opportunity to pursue the goal of lifelong learning and to expand their knowledge and skills at LSU Eunice.
In fulfillment of this mission, Louisiana State University Eunice strives to achieve the following:
- Encourage traditional and nontraditional populations to take advantage of educational opportunities.
- Create a learning environment which facilitates the integration of knowledge and the development of the whole person.
- Provide a general education which requires all students to master the skills and competencies necessary for lifelong learning.
- Provide programs which parallel four-year college and university courses, including special honors courses, which are directly transferable.
- Prepare students to meet employment opportunities as determined by regional needs.
- Prepare programs of developmental studies which will upgrade student skills to the levels necessary for successful college experience.
- Provide the necessary support services to help students realize their maximum potential.
- Create and offer programs of Continuing/Adult Education and community service which respond to the needs of the area.
LSU Eunice will continue to serve the educational and cultural needs of its service area by offering necessary certificate and associate degree programs. Since high quality technical programs are crucial to economic development, LSU Eunice will continue to expand its relationship with local business and industry to identify area workforce needs. The institution will also work closely with four-year colleges in the area to further increase matriculation opportunities for its students. Public service activities will be undertaken to meet the needs of the service area and to raise the level of education and improve the quality of life for area citizens.
Louisiana State University Eunice is committed to the principle that individuals should have the opportunity to develop themselves through education commensurate with their capabilities and interests. To this end, LSUE strives to provide educational programs and related services which reflect and respond to the diversified interests, aptitudes, talents, needs, and goals of its constituency.
Consistent with its mission, Louisiana State University Eunice works to achieve the following goals:
- Students complete associate degree or certificate programs prepared to enter the work force.
- Students complete the first two or more years of baccalaureate study prepared to transfer to four-year institutions to complete their degrees.
- Students fulfill general education and continuing education needs through a variety of educational offerings at various teaching sites and times.
- Students who need developmental instruction acquire the knowledge and skills to prepare them for collegiate study.
- Students receive support and assistance in reaching academic, personal, career, and employment goals.
- Students participate in extracurricular activities to meet personal, artistic, or intellectual interests.
- Students find facilities and resources adequate in classrooms, laboratories, the library, and recreational areas.
- Citizens of LSU Eunice's service area find educational opportunities to meet changing employment needs.
- Citizens experience cultural enrichment and personal development through participating in programs offered as a community service.
In pursuing these goals, Louisiana State University Eunice is committed to maintaining the highest academic and professional standards in all of its educational and related programs and services. To this end, LSUE will endeavor to recruit the best qualified personnel available for its various programs and will encourage the professional growth of administrators, faculty, and staff as a continuous process.